Note that I fit all of the below into a carry on-sized suitcase and Northface backpack, but totally forgot to leave room for shopping! Spain & Portugal have amazing clothes at super low prices. I got so much stuff it almost didn't fit in my bag home.
Also note that if you're using Airbnb, you'll likely have access to a washing machine. This might allow you to bring fewer undergarments, etc. All our Airbnb's had a washing machine, but no dryer.
- Underwear x 14
- Socks x 14
- Regular bra
- Black jeans
- Dark blue jeans
- Light blue jeans
- Army green leggings
- Long grey overcoat
- Heavier waterproof jacket
- Long cardigan
- One active outfit (sports bra, leggings, top)
- One travel outfit (leggings, crewneck, long cardi, socks)
- White sneakers
- Black high tops
- Thigh high boots (only if comfy!)
- Tops x 7
- Turtleneck x 2
- Tank top
- Sweater x 2
- Denim shirt
- Going out top
- Blanket scarf
- Thin gloves
- Fold-top crossbody bag
- Optional (if you will be going out at all):
- Leather jacket
- Black leather skirt
- Black tights
- Close toed booties
- Adapter plug - I FORGOT THIS !
- Phone (& charger)
- Portable charger
- Laptop (& charger)
- Toothbrush & paste
- Hair ties & pins
- Face wash & lotion
- Razor (head detached and stowed separately)
- Sleeping pills (for the long flight)
- Antibiotics (it's really common to get UTIs on a plane, so doctors can proactively prescribe you antibiotics in case this happens. Better safe than sorry!)
- Credit/debit cards
- Travel journal (you can do this on your laptop if you don't have room!)
- First aid kit
- Travel umbrella
- Eye mask
- Ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones
- Neck pillow
- Reusable water bottle
- Call credit & debit card banks to let them know you'll be traveling
- Call telecom provider to let them know you'll be traveling.
- Ask about "Travel Pass" if you have Verizon! $10/day unlimited talk and text.
- Create a centralized basic itinerary on Google Docs & download to your phone.
- Print out a copy to keep on hand in case you lose your phone.
- Include all confirmation numbers and contact information for each flight, accommodation, and reservation.
If this kind of packing list is helpful to you, check out my other lists here & subscribe to my monthly newsletter below!